Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Helllooooooo -- Oden to have surgery and other news

Ok -- survived back to school (mostly) and I am back in the blogging saddle, if you will. Only to find that the Blazers are playing all coy about our new face of the franchise and his knee issues.
Did we know going in that someone 7 foot 2 was gonna be high maintenance ? I kinda did.

First, tonsils. Now knee surgery. Geez. I can hear the collective OMG it's the return of Sam Bowie. (If you say who is that, you are not allowed to read my blog anymore -- at least until you do some googling and figure it out).

Look. He's 19. Does anyone born before 1970 even remember being 19 ? I barely can. I worked at Pizza Hut for $3.10 an hour and thought $90 a week was living way large. But I digress.

Perhaps the Blazer admin could calm some nerves by, say, giving an interview and saying, It's nothing. That would be the least I would expect. The silence makes people go, Oh S*** we should have taken Durant. Maybe we should have. But, we didn't. But the Blazer front office, Nate and KP owe the fan base, re-energized and paying way more than we ever thought possible for nose bleed seats, some explanation. Not even saying No comment is a bad move.

One hopes and prays for our collective Blazer Nation sakes that this is not a serious issue. If it is, let's go back to premise #1: he's 19. He's in shape. He will rehab quickly. It will be fine. And hey, he'll give some minutes to the other 10 or 12 on the bench that need to develop.

Really. Big picture, people. It will be fine.

No comments: