Sunday, September 30, 2007

Miles ready to be a team player. Jury out.

I apologize for my extended absence on this blog. The first month of school is a bitch.

Anyway -- article on OLive about DMiles and how he has "fallen in love with the work ethic and character" of our team in the last year he has been out. Hmm.

Now. I ain't saying people can't change. But this is pretty out there from the $48 Million, I wanna be traded, get me outta PDX guy we saw last year. Maybe Miles has grown up. He has a wife and a kid on the way. Maybe his partner in crimes Randolph is long gone and he figures he better get with the program, as in Nate's program.

He says himself in the article that actions speak louder than words. You got that right.
And really, since the last time he gave an interview was a year ago, it's been pretty quiet.
And by that I mean, no traffic stops. No arrests. No 911 transcripts. No reports of dog abuse.
All the usual "I don't want to be a Blazer anymore" behavior. And, he's lost 25 pounds, has logged quite a bit of time in the practice facility, and seems to be a changed man.

I do know that when I saw the GO interview last week, and he said he had been "talking to Miles" I wanted to scream, Run Away, Greg. Run away! because I still think Miles is locker room poision, until and unless I get some proof to the contrary.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

th_goducks94 said...

I too, would be interested to see what Miles does. Unfortunately, we may need him for the Blazers to win a few games, if... he can stay out of trouble.